Wednesday, November 12, 2008

~Marie Antoinette~



Most all of us know who she is and is famous for her wild behavior such as once she told the one's beneath her "Let them eat cake" when they had no bread. I absolutely adore her for some reason. I believe it's because she loved to live the life of pleasure and extravagance.

Marie was born in Austria and married at the age of 15 in 1770 to Louis-Auguste during the french revolution. Her marriage remained unconsummated for 7 years. Yes- 7 years Can you believe that? She was execute for treason by guillotine which is a device used to perform the execution.








This was a cottage built for Marie in the Petit Hameau- a rustic retreat meant to evoke a peasant village.



8 comments:

  1. ...sigh... so beautiful and romantic...
    I want that cottage...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cottage! and all that lace so sumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie Antoinette fascinates me, too. She never said, "Let them eat cake," but that misquote typified her dismissal of her people. She was not prepared to be queen, really through no fault of her own.

    Rent or buy "Marie Antoinette" starring Kirsten Dunst. It was panned by the critics, but filmed at Versailles, and the settings, clothing and depiction of the lifestyle of Louis XVI and his queen are well-depicted. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi I love your blog:) Incredible inspirational and I have bookmarked it. I make miniatures and have specialized in cupcakes. Take a look if you like and feel free to use pictures:) www.christeljensen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cottage is so adorable; looks like it's made of gingerbread, I just want to eat it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just discovered your blog, it's so great! And I love this cottage, I have just saved it as wallpaper on my screen!. Love it.
    www.colourmehappyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello!
    What a wonderful blog you have. I'm so happy I came across it and I will definitely be back often, such inspiration...thank you!! Can you tell me the name of the pattern or company that makes the coffee cups in this post, the pastel with the little pink roses? I love those!! Thank you so much.. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry Catherine but I have no idea where you can find those cups. I wish I knew because they are so cute! Daisy~

    ReplyDelete

Sugary thoughts